2015/02/04

style inspiration: masculin/féminin


Visually, I am often inspired by youthful, romantic looks. I guess I like a sort of dreamy vibe (think Sofia Coppola's movies and Annie Leibovitz's photographs) and my graphics have often soft tones. However, when it comes to my outfits, I love to mix feminine and masculine elements. That is why if I had to describe my style, I would answer rock chic. I have never feel comfortable in a total feminine look. As a child, I don't remember being in a dress but I don't feel like I was masculine either. I am certainly not now especially as I have become quite the beauty and makeup enthusiast. But, trousers have always been my best friends in life. From a purple velvet trouser (this one was my favorite in elementary school), I evolved towards skinny jeans.

Here are two looks that are inspired by what I would wear without thinking twice about it.



A nice sweater and/or blouse, a pair of grey skinny jean and a pair of relaxed leather boots have become my uniform. Then, I throw on a tailored coat and I'm ready to go on with my day. I love this campaign Isabel Marant did with Kate Moss a few years back. It epitomizes coolness.


I find that a mini skirt close to the body looks better on me than a skater skirt for example. However, I recently found this shape to be really flatering and quite easy to style. The trick is that the skirt is close to the body and then is flared at the bottom. As always, I would pair this girly skirt with a sweater and a pair of boyish boots. There is something quite charming about a skirt paired with buckled boots. I am a bit obsessed with Fiorentini + Baker's shoes at the moment. I am lucky enough to own two pairs. I will definitely talked more about the brand in a future post.


If you want to find more inspiration to embrace the masculine/feminine look, I would suggest looking up to brands like The Kooples, All Saints, Stella McCartney, Isabel Marant and Saint Laurent. We can't all afford those brands (I sure can't afford the last three) but I love looking at their lookbook for style ideas. We can always dream, right?

I would love to know what is your go-to outfit? Let me know if you like that kind of post, I'm also trying this type of collages.

Bisous
Marine

Credits: Pictures from Net-A-Porter and Fiorentini + Baker website.
Look 1 / The Kooples shirt, Frame Denim jean, J.Crew coat, Isabel Marant boots. Look 2 / J. Crew turtleneck sweater, J.Crew skirt, The Row coat, Fiorentini Baker boots.